A Few Words of Warning

This blog contains some very difficult subjects.

Please be aware that some posts may contain subject matter that qualifies as adult content or fits under the definition of what many people would define as "too much information." If you feel you will be bothered by this, proceed with caution.

Some of the content may be triggering for some; if you feel you may be triggered by detailed descriptions of abuse, please proceed with caution. Gather support around you and use the emergency hotlines if you need to.

*Note: This is a sticky post and will remain at the top of every page. Please scroll down to see new content.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

The First Day

I remember the day the abuse first started. I don't remember anything about the time between meeting my abuser and that day, but I can still picture that day.

I remember sitting outside his closed door waiting. Both his front door and his screen door were closed and I was just sitting there with my back against the screen waiting. The fact that I was waiting tells me that he already had gained control of my comings and goings. The period between meeting him and that day had been spent on grooming yet I don't remember anything about that time or what he had said or did to gain my confidence.

So, there I was waiting when suddenly the door opens and out comes C. C. was an older girl (a few years my senior) who lived at the very end of the block. She looked at me and said, "Don't let him do that to you," and rushed off towards home. I had no idea what she was talking about but would soon find out.

Next thing I remember is I'm in his living room and he wants to show me something I'll like. He helps me hop up on a piece of furniture. I can't picture the furniture but I remember being on the back of an easy chair, though I can't picture how that would work. Well, then he opened my legs and positioned himself against me and started rubbing against me. We were fully clothed. I didn't know what to think of it and when he finished he asked if I liked it. Shyly, I shrugged and gave a noncommittal answer.

That was the beginning of many similar encounters over the next six years.

No comments: