A Few Words of Warning

This blog contains some very difficult subjects.

Please be aware that some posts may contain subject matter that qualifies as adult content or fits under the definition of what many people would define as "too much information." If you feel you will be bothered by this, proceed with caution.

Some of the content may be triggering for some; if you feel you may be triggered by detailed descriptions of abuse, please proceed with caution. Gather support around you and use the emergency hotlines if you need to.

*Note: This is a sticky post and will remain at the top of every page. Please scroll down to see new content.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Today I Feel..

scattered
distracted
preoccupied
frustrated
slightly annoyed

It's Monday again. Fortunately, my home is not as trashed as it usually is after a weekend. Despite that, there's still a lot to do in the realm of housework. In addition to that, I have many other tasks that loom before me. Some have deadlines that have already passed. Some of deadlines that are fast approaching. Some have no deadlines at all; they're just ideas cluttering up my brain until I get around to finally doing something about them.

I'm overwhelmed by all I have to do because I have not yet learned the art of getting it all down on paper, prioritizing each one, breaking each task down into managable chunks, and accomplishing each chunk of each task. I don't really believe I can follow through with these steps anyway. It would probably take an entire book and several days (at least) to write down the to do list in my head. Then prioritizing that list would be a nightmare. I can't even decide if I'd rather do this or that, go here or there, eat chicken or beef. How am I suppose to figure out which order the list should be put in? I could probably break each task down into managable chunks if I only had time to actually do that. Accomplishing each task is another thing altogether as I'd probably get distracted halfway through the first chunk and never make it back to finish it.

Such is my life. I'm feeling particularly strongly today. I have so many things to do yet I don't even want to start them. I'm preoccupied on other things. My mind is full of ideas for this blog. I could write and write and write...all day...and still have more to write. I want to research and read blogs and websites to link to. That would takes days as I know I would end up following enough rabbit trails to make my mind explode. But it's always this way when I start a new venture. I'm full of ideas and energy and am preoccupied to the exclusion of everything else which leads to way I'm also feeling frustrated and slightly annoyed.

My children need to be schooled (we homeschool), my house needs to be cleaned, food needs to be cooked, laundry needs to be washed and put away, and my baby needs a nap. But I'm preoccupied, I want to be working on this not doing all that. It frustrates me that I can't just do want I want to do until I run out of steam (ADDers call this hyperfocusing). It annoys me when life sticks its face into my face and won't let me ignore it. Ugh!

My baby needs a nap. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep or get too drowsy nursing him down. There's just too much to do today.

No comments: