A Few Words of Warning

This blog contains some very difficult subjects.

Please be aware that some posts may contain subject matter that qualifies as adult content or fits under the definition of what many people would define as "too much information." If you feel you will be bothered by this, proceed with caution.

Some of the content may be triggering for some; if you feel you may be triggered by detailed descriptions of abuse, please proceed with caution. Gather support around you and use the emergency hotlines if you need to.

*Note: This is a sticky post and will remain at the top of every page. Please scroll down to see new content.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Despair

I wrote this poem at an ACA Retreat in the spring of 2005. Despite being in a great mood and having a great time, I ended up with a very dark and depressing found poem that described my suicidal feelings just two years prior. After I finished the process of creating this poem, I displayed it as is our tradition. It caused quite a bit of concern!


Despair

Nothing can replace your dreams.

Prime of life and I feel…

Clouds tumbling down past my plastic smile,
Alone,
Battered,
Small.

I want just one reason to still be here.

Endless desert of feeling.

As time goes by,
he makes it easier

It feels like the right thing to do…

I lost.

There’s no mistake…
Not meant to live.

Do-it-yourself pain relief.

Ready, Aim, Fire!

No comments: